Tune In For A New Episode Every Week!
I'm trying to sit outside and relax for a minute, but I'm all riled up over here ... thinking about my many clients and how often I hear, "Taking time for myself is selfish," or "Spending money on myself feels selfish." ...
So I thought we would look at that ... are you being selfish by focusing on self-care?
As moms, we often put ourselves last. We use the word "self-ish" to describe doing something nice for ourselves, instead of using the word "self-care."
But here is the reality. We were all given this special "house" to live in that incorporates our body, mind and spirit. It is our responsibility to take good care all three of those things and treat them with the ultimate respect ... not to beat them down until they are sick and depleted.
Here is one way to look at the difference between selfish and self care.
• Selfishness is consistently choosing to think of only your own needs and wants.
• Selfishness never brings true joy, peace or love.
• Selfishness does not share, nurture or serve.
• Self-care honors your inner wants and needs in order to fulfill your potential in life and experience joy.
• Self-care sometimes requires putting yourself ahead of others.
• Self-care enables you to be more sharing and nurturing, because there is plenty to give without being depleted or exhausted.
• Self-care allows you to serve others better because you have acknowledged your own worth and taken the time to fill up your cup.
Moms, I challenge you to replace the word selfish with self-care. Your own self-care can not wait until everyone elses is taken care of...you are worth it!
Sending you all lots of love ...