I've been thinking more and more about being really present with the kids lately. It just seems like there is so much on that little iPhone to distract me!
I journaled about it in my quiet time this morning to try to find some solutions...here are a few I came up with:
1. Technology free from 7:30-8:00 a.m. while I make their lunches and they eat their breakfast. Enjoy our conversation.
2. Keep the radio off on the way to school. Catch up. Talk. Maybe read a devotional.
3. Technology free snack time after school from 4:00-4:30 p.m. Catch up. Talk.
4. Enjoy dinner together without technology. (We usually do this...but sometimes the urge is there!)
5. Offer each child a deal -- if they get in bed 5 minutes early, they get a 5 minute massage. I once read somewhere that those last few minutes of the day are really important.
Because I like to practice what I teach my clients, I am just going to try 1 thing off of this list. It is not wise to tackle a whole list of ideas all at once -- you will overwhelm yourself. So, for the next week I am going to try to get the kids to bed 5 minutes early for that quality time and little massage!
How do you spend quality time with your kids?! Please, enlighten me!!