I've been thinking more and more about being really present with the kids lately. It just seems like there is so much on that little iPhone to distract me!
I journaled about it in my quiet time this morning to try to find some solutions...here are a few I came up with:
1. Technology free from 7:30-8:00 a.m. while I make their lunches and they eat their breakfast. Enjoy our conversation.
2. Keep the radio off on the way to school. Catch up. Talk. Maybe read a devotional.
3. Technology free snack time after school from 4:00-4:30 p.m. Catch up. Talk.
4. Enjoy dinner together without technology. (We usually do this...but sometimes the urge is there!)
5. Offer each child a deal -- if they get in bed 5 minutes early, they get a 5 minute massage. I once read somewhere that those last few minutes of the day are really important.
Because I like to practice what I teach my clients, I am just going to try 1 thing off of this list. It is not wise to tackle a whole list of ideas all at once -- you will overwhelm yourself. So, for the next week I am going to try to get the kids to bed 5 minutes early for that quality time and little massage!
How do you spend quality time with your kids?! Please, enlighten me!!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.