My life has been so much better since I learned how to do this, and I can't imagine how I would be right now if I did not learn it. Knowing this and believing this can make going through trials more bearable. And dare I say, more of an adventure or mystery.
We get to choose if we want to look at life this way. For example, through our recent unemployment experience we could have chosen to play the victim and be bitter and full of thoughts of doom. But we refused. Because we know better. We know that life happens "for us" not "to us."
Ok. So we are in this situation that we would rather not be in, but where are the gifts? Where is God? They were there!
Here are just a few off the top of my head:
1. Much support from family and friends.
2. The gift of time together during the day while the kids were at school.
3. Having 2 adults at home to train the new puppy.
4. Growing of our faith in God together.
5. That we had time to find a new position.
6. The opportunity to make the most of it and go do fun things during the day.
7. The position that appeared out of nowhere that was a fantastic fit for our family!
I am so thankful for all of these gifts!
Do you see? I want this for you. I want you to be able to go through tough things and still be happy. The faster you learn this, the better your life will be. This is how you get to live every moment of your life in love, grace and gratitude.
When I learned how to live this way years ago, it didn't happen overnight. I had a coach who supported me and guided me through with weekly calls. She lovingly put me back on track when I would fall into despair. That's why I became a coach. So I can support women in the same way. If you need someone to help you learn how to live like this, please reach out.