Today I would like to encourage you to try meditation if you have not already. It has changed my life. It has taught me how to slow down and listen to my God and my body.
Through practicing meditation, I have learned there is a difference between praying (speaking) to God and listening to God through meditation. It's one thing to tell him all of your needs, but quite another to hear what he has to say! Plus, meditation has a ton of other benefits:
1. It reduces stress and anxiety
2. It improves concentration
3. It encourages a healthy lifestyle -- mind, body and spirit
4. It increases your self-awareness -- by allowing you to slow down and notice yourself
5. It increases happiness (truly)
6. It slows aging -- scientifically proven
7. It helps with cardiovascular health and your immune system -- also scientifically proven.
I know many people are not sure where to start, so I always recommend downloading a free meditation app on your phone. Just type "mindfulness" into the search box.
Also, don't try to meditate for an hour your first time out! Just start with 5 minutes. The goal is to work up to 20 minutes per day. In the meditation apps, you can set a timer for a guided meditation for any number of minutes you choose.
Do you need any more encouragement to try it out? Commit for a week and see what happens!